I suffer from migraines on almost a weekly basis. Sometimes they bring blurred vision with aura and other times I simply wake up to the excruciating pain in my temple. Through various visits with neurologists and other doctors, I’m in this weird middle ground of chronic but not chronic enough migraines for the bigger treatments protocols such as botox.
If you suffer from migraines, you will understand this completely but if you don’t – let me give you a quick snapshot. Imagine the worst hangover of your entire life. Just the thought of a smell makes your stomach churn and your nightlight resembles stadium lights blasting in your bedroom window. Sounds hurt. Moving is painful and also makes you nauseous. You can barely make it to the toilet to vomit without the terrifying feeling of possibly passing out on the way. As you lay on the floor in your bathroom with a jackhammer in your head, you wonder why this keeps happening. Throbbing pulses in your temple or back of the neck ebb and flow as if you were on a boat in a turbulent ocean. Yet, all you can do is lay silently in a dark room and beg the universe (or medications) to take the pain away.
I average about 5 migraines per month. It might not seem like a lot but for me, they are multi-day episodes. One migraine can come off and on for 48-72 hours of straight hell. A perk of reselling is for the few hours of relief when my medication kicks in, I can do my shipping and answer any questions on my own schedule. Reselling also allows me to make money despite having so many days I need to rest or take a break. For me, it is an unbelievable opportunity to never call into a job or boss and say I’m sick again.
Anyone suffering from a chronic condition can recall the number of products promising a cure or miracle in an instant. “Stop eating gluten!” “Diet Coke is the devil!” “Rub this oil all over you and it will never come back!” And the list goes on… I get messages almost daily on social media about this cure, these products or simply cutting out a product to cure the migraines. Mine is not the kind that goes away with these creative solutions to a difficult health condition.
Listen, I truly appreciate the number of people willing to give me advice and offer tips or products that might help me. I just wish more people understood a migraine is not a headache but rather a neurological condition that needs medical intervention and is highly misunderstood. They also manifest very differently from person to person so it is unlikely the same treatment protocol for one person will work with another.
I’ve spent tens of thousands of dollars on products, prescriptions, doctors appointments, medical tests and more to find relief or a consistent treatment approach for my migraines. Some things work for a while and then all of a sudden stop. Some medications are covered under our insurance for a while until a generic comes out and then I make the decision to not pay the $600/month for 4-6 pills because they discontinued coverage for the name brand. This forces a new level of creativity to manage the migraine symptoms.
We’ve been to emergency rooms, countless urgent care centers, and several different doctors. I’ve had migraines ruin vacations and are triggered by traveling, they’ve made me miserable during meetings and affected my relationship with my family, friends, and husband. All my poor husband can do during these episodes is offer support, make sure I’m fed and medicated and shoot up my booty with a Torodol shot as he helplessly watches me writhe in pain on our bed.
So, when you continue reading for the list of products, please know I recommend these based on my own personal experience of trial and error in the life of a migraineur. I wish I found a list like this years ago to save me hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on unnecessary items.
This list is perfect for not only those with migraines but those who are looking for a gift to support someone living with migraines. Some of these items would be ideal as a present to not only help them but let them know you care! Some of these links are an affiliate but that doesn’t affect the price of the item for you but I get a small commission when one of them is purchased. I truly appreciate the support as I share my experiences with you.
My Top 7 List of Migraine Relief Products!
- An amazing water bottle. This Simple Wave 25 oz Water Bottle is perfect! Don’t waste your precious money on a name brand waterbottle like these when this brand is amazing. I have the largest on and fill it up with ice. Additionally, the bottle feels cool to the touch so I can drink my ice water and then rest the bottle on my neck or temple for a cold sensation. Plus it comes with a ton of different colors for any style or color preference.
- Mack’s Ultra Soft Foam Earplugs. If you are sound sensitive or have a hard time sleeping these earplugs are the best purchase I’ve made on Amazon. Seriously. I started using them a couple of years ago when there was construction outside of our apartment and now I can’t sleep without them. They help so much when I am sound sensitive during a migraine and just want complete sensory deprivation. I throw on an eye mask and the plugs and try to sleep the pain away. To get the maximum sound blockage, try to get the 32dB.
- Be Koool Soft Gel Sheets. These feel so gross going on with the gel, sort of like a gel mask but it does feel amazing on your forehead. Especially when you don’t want the pressure of an eye mask or can’t stand another bag of frozen peas on your head. They stick on and stay on giving you temporary relief without going into your kitchen.
- The Headache Hat. A wearable ice pack hat for migraines, what could be better? Not only does this ice pack cover your forehead but it is able to reach both temples and your neck, plus provide light blocking for light sensitivity. Sometimes I need the extra ice if my migraines is particularly bad or I’m having blurred vision. Plus, it’s soft!
- IMAK Compression Pain Relief Mask. This cold eye mask just covers your eyes and temples. It doesn’t provide the cool relive around your entire head like the Headache Had above but it does provide a tightening compression style mask which is great if you have sinus migraines or headaches.
- The ESARORA Ice Roller is probably one of my favorite products because it is multi-purpose. Not only is a great device to roll frozen all of your face, temples, and neck when you have a migraine but it is an amazing beauty tool. If you have baggy eyes or a swollen face, just roll this little guy on your forehead, nose, under eyes and cheeks to reduce swelling! Two amazing options for something less than $15!
- ZenGuru Acupressure Massage U-Shaped Pillow. Acupressure does amazing things and I have a mat I lay on along with a little pillow thing for under my knees and the back of my neck. However, this little prickly pillow is a life saver. The way it is designed to cradle my neck is so much more efficient than the rolled pillow thing I had before.
I’ve always wondered about CBD oil so if you tried it and it has helped you, please leave a comment below. I did get some in Vegas the last time we were there for pain but it didn’t seem to do much other than smell bad. Have you tried any of these products? Also, let me know in the comments below if you’ve tried and liked any of them! Would love to get other people’s insight as well.
If you are interested in learning more about reselling as a business and/or supplementing your income as someone with a chronic illness, please look around on my blog as I have tons of ideas and how to’s on making money while chronically ill.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope this list brings you some peace and relief during your next migraine.