for all grand millennial decorating ideas
Decoupage napkins are an affordable and versatile way to add a personal touch to home decor. I’ve always considered myself an elder millennial so it thrills me to see grand millennial decor trending. Many of the design influencers I follow always portray such a picture-perfect, clean home but I always viewed it to be de-personalized.
For my home, I want to look at memories all over my house and mix them with some updated and modern pieces. This is truly the essence of grand millennial design. Mixing the old with the new.
When you start looking for decor items to go with the grand millennial trend, you will often see the term “Chinoiserie.” Along with the grand millennial decor, it is another design element joining two different styles.
Chinoiserie is a decorative style blending European and Asian design themes. The trend began in the 18th to the mid-19th century when trade really began to increase between the countries.
There are several different elements in the Chinoiserie style to blend within many design styles. Many of the designs feature blue and white colors, stylized birds and flowers, landscapes, and more. My grandfather actually brought back some beautiful hand-painted birds from Japan when he was an engineer with the military. It is one of my favorite pieces in our home.
So, what do you do when you want to find others who share your interest? Well, I joined a few Facebook groups for grand millennial and chinoiserie ideas! These women are FILLED to the brim with creative ways to bring this style into your home. Each group has its own specialty such as buy/sell/trade, crafting, and decorating tips.
One theme or trend keeps popping up for blue and white home decor – decoupage with chinoiserie and blue and white decoupage napkins. Since fall is coming up, decoupage pumpkins are ALL over the internet and Pinterest. Being able to take the bland orange vegetables and turn them into inspired works of art is truly amazing! Not to mention a very affordable way to bring trendy items into your space.
The Chinoiserie-style decoupage napkins can also be used for events, decor, and more! So, where can you find these magical design elements?
- Amazon – The most obvious place to look first is Amazon. They have MANY different colors and styles to choose from. However, there were some I loved on Amazon which was very marked up in price, I did not add any of those here. If you see the ones you love on Amazon but they are too expensive, make sure you do a reverse google image search to see if you can find them cheaper.
My favorite chinoiserie napkins on amazon
2. Etsy – There are so many beautiful decoupage napkin designs on Etsy it is hard to pick just a few to put on this post. Instead, I am going to add the Etsy stores I found to have the best selection. As you are shopping on Etsy, pay attention to the number of napkins you purchase. Some of the listings are for only 1 napkin.
3. Caspari – I wanted to know more about Caspari because they have some incredible products. According to their website, “Caspari is a respected publisher of exquisitely designed and printed paper products, with a reputation earned over the past seventy years by reproducing the work of established artists and museums from around the world. Drawing inspiration from fine art, textiles, ceramics, and interior design, Caspari creates stylish, colorful table settings and provides everything to plan the perfect party for all of life’s occasions. In the belief that good design should be accessible, we offer a wide assortment of beautiful items for entertaining and gifting at affordable price points.”
My favorite chinoiserie napkins on Caspari
4. Museum Outlet – To get some incredible hand-designed cocktail napkins, check out Museum Outlet online. They offer some wonderfully unique prints, especially the designs by Vickie Sawyer.
5. Zazzle – This website is a little more expensive but they have unique designers! The great thing about Zazzle is each designer puts their own custom spin on the art so you can get something gorgeous that others might not have.
Hot tip: Make sure you sign up for Rakuten and get cash back on your Zazzle purchases!
If you have a TJmaxx or Homegoods in your area, make sure to check them for decorative decoupage napkins! I’ve found many amazing styles there over the years. They are affordable and of good quality.
Do you have a favorite place online to get decorative napkins? I’d love to hear where – comment below!
Until next time,