Endometriosis, Adenomyosis and a Hysterectomy
When I first found out I needed a partial hysterectomy, the first thing I did was start neurotically searching the internet to find any information I could on the procedure, how to prepare and what to expect. It really wasn’t nearly as bad as I built it up to be in my head. Check out my video below for part 2 of my 4 part video series on my journey and what I experienced before and during my hysterectomy.
Something I forgot to mention in the video is what I took to the hospital in my bag – so here is my list!
Hysterectomy & Endometriosis Excision Surgery Hospital Bag
- License (photo id)
- Insurance Card
- Credit Card
- Slippers – nonslip
- Baggy sweatpants – 2X bigger than my current size & very soft
- Baggy & soft tank tops from Target pajama department
- Baggy Panties and a very lightweight sports bra from Target (Jockey)
- Soft shawl for around my shoulders if I got cold
- Chapstick – my lips were very dry
- Dry Shampoo (I did get a blowout the day before though)
- All my prescription medications
- Eyeglasses and a case
- iPad, iPhone, and chargers
- Hair ties and clips
- Mints/jolly ranchers
- GasX and Collace
Thankfully, I was only in the hospital for one night. I didn’t even use my iPad or iPhone because I was so drugged up. We didn’t even turn on the tv the whole time. I couldn’t wait to get out of there!
Tip: If you want to get out of the hospital faster – get up and walking even though it’s torture and start going to the bathroom asap! Those were the requirements for me to leave.
If you are interested in learning more about my experience, check out the YouTube video below!
Miss part 1? Click Here
Click on this link if you want to learn more about Dr. Seckin.
Cheers to Health & Happiness,
I am having partial hysterectomy in January. I am 37. Can I ask if they took your cervix?