I knew when I first had the idea for this blog, I would post my income reports. I think it is important to see the work, progress and process without the blowhard claims of “earn 6-figures” I usually see on the internet. This isn’t easy. But, it’s not hard and it is a lot more fun! I really felt like I worked more this month and ended up selling less. I know it’s a short month but I need to adjust my sails and keep moving. Every month won’t be remarkable. There are set backs. Life gets in the way. For me, my health gets in the way.
- Ebay: This is my second month full time listing items on eBay. I definitely spent more time on eBay than all the other income sources this month. I really have no idea how power sellers list more than 30 items a day. It takes me forever to do 20 a day and that’s one of my goals is to get my listing process more stream lined so I can do more per day. I did an experiment with eBay on Buy It Now (BIN) and it failed miserably. I didn’t get nearly as much action on eBay with my listings this way as I do with auctions. I think I will keep doing mostly auctions and see how that ends up working out. I ended up upgrading my store to the middle one so I can list more without the fees and I am now a Top Rated Seller! Woot!
- 87 Sold Listings
- Total Sales: $4039
- Cost of Goods: $ 883.93
- Average Selling price: $20.78
- eBay Take Home for January: $1,263.85
- eBay Take Home for February: $1808.05
- Goal for March: Sell 100 items, Take Home $2,200
- Goal for February Was:
- Sell 100 items, Take home $1,750, List more each week!
- I certainly got close to this and am glad I met my take home goal.
- Sell 100 items, Take home $1,750, List more each week!
- Poshmark: Poshmark didn’t meet my expectations this month and I think it’s because I focused more of my attention on eBay. I certainly wasn’t sharing as much as I normally do during the month and that’s probably the reason for the decline. Also, a lot of the items that might have sold on Poshmark ended up selling on eBay.
- 74 Sold Listings
- Total Sales: $1695
- Cost of Goods: $318.13
- Poshmark Take Home for February: $1,020.21
- Goals for February: Consistent listing and sharing! Take home $1,500 – Didn’t meet this goal ;(
- Goals for March: Take home $1,500!!!!
- Want to try Poshmark? Use my referral code: PNJCW and get $5 to spend on the app and try it out!
- Amazon: I didn’t do anything with Amazon this month. I just didn’t have time and wasn’t feeling it. I won’t do FBA until I have time to dedicate to it.
- Total Sales: $56.74
- Cost of Goods – Stuff laying around our house!
- Amazon Take Home for January: $34.50
- Goals for February: Send 2 boxes off to FBA and see what happens. Keep listing books around our house. Investigate Retail Arbitrage to send to FBA. – NOPE! Goal Fail!
- Goals for March: None
- Affiliates: I didn’t spend a lot of time building up my website and traffic so this number is about the same as last month. But I will take any money I can get!
- Total income: $84.72
- Goals: Write more content and focus a little bit on Pinterest
- Consulting: Boss Lady comes into play here where I still have consulting clients for social media, online marketing, customer service, reputation management etc.
- Billable hours for January: $267.66
- Goals for February: Get up to $1,000 for January – Schedule some public speaking sessions for the spring and summer.
- Didn’t even get close. This is my fault for not focusing on this more. I didn’t schedule my speaking either. Some of this I need to wait until after my surgery so I can make sure I’m on top of my game.
- Personal Training: Many of you may know me from the days of Bexa Body Fitness or read my bio first before clicking on this link, but Fitness is on my passions. I only have a couple clients and one of them is down south for the winter so right now I have one amazing woman. Our sessions were limited this month due to her schedule, my schedule, being sick, vacation – yada, yada, yada.
- Total Training Income: $400 – $80/Hour
- Goals for February – Work with my client to train consistently. I will lose this income the end of March and most of April due to my surgery. Another reason to ramp up some of the other items above!
- Same as last month! This hopefully will be consistent each month.
- I also have another client who will be working with me after my surgery – so that will come into play April/May
- Instagram: I love selling on instagram. Although all the questions some people ask in DM’s can be frustrating. I actually told someone to go buy it at the store so they could return it because they had so many questions and concerns about the item. The fees are so much cheaper when you do it through Instagram. I need to focus on this more in March.
- Total Income: $258
- Net after Paypal Fees and Shipping: $177.73
- Goals for February – Just keep listing some cool items on Instagram!
TOTAL TAKE HOME FOR JANUARY
TOTAL TAKE HOME FOR FEBRUARY: $3395.15 (-$34.79 from last month) At least I’m consistent!
** When I first started working at the car dealership, my take home net paychecks were $3,496 and I didn’t have health insurance or a retirement account – You CAN absolutely replace your income doing side hustles and working on your own terms **
Goals for March:
- I didn’t hit my $4,500 take home goal for February so my goal will stay the same for February. I need about $3,500 more for my surgery so it will be really important for me to hustle this month and go hard until I leave for New York.
- Make more YouTube Videos for you guys & gals
- Get ready for my surgery
- Get every single thing in my house that needs to be listed live on the different platforms!
- Train my friend to help me ship items when I am on vacation an in New York for my surgery.
- Research wholesale and liquidations sites online
As you can see, this month was about the same as last month. It was a short month so there are 3 days I didn’t get income and I spent more time on eBay. This month I am going to look at the different selling platforms and evaluate where I can improve. Listing time is a priority. I don’t believe in death piles so making sure items are listed before I buy anything else.
To a prosperous 2017,
Rebecca – The Bexa Boss Lady